I had a pretty recurring job when it came to holidays, birthdays, mother’s days, and general celebrations that brought a little more pomp and circumstance to the dinner table: I was the table artist. Setting the table, styling the table, and creating a pretty setting for our celebration meal was always my specialty as a kid. In hindsight, that might help explain my attachment to all things kitchen and table prop-like. Thank goodness for a strict sense of practicality that keeps from breaking the bank or the closet with purchase. So, in the spirit of the upcoming holiday, here’s my “window shopping” list for setting a pretty table.
- Although definitely autumnal in feel, these Rosemary Spring Place Cards could work for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. For Christmas, maybe add some holly.
- For a little glam at the table, these glitter pumpkins look pretty easy.
- I’m crushing hard on gold flatware.
- Set a foundation with this silver, gold, and metallic confetti table runner from Crate and Barrel.
- Add a unique touch to the water glasses with this Moroccan inspired glassware.
What do you think? How do you like to set the table for the holidays?