Dear Salad, I’ve decided I like you. Once, a long time ago, I pushed you around on my plate and picked at you. Now, you’ve become dinner. Thank you adulthood.
Real posting might return next week, if the world slows down a bit. For now, enjoy this salad.
Roasted Chickpea and Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Adapted from I Will Not Eat Oysters
For the roasted chickpeas:
- 1 15 oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried
- Salt, pepper, and chile powder to taste
Roasted for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
For the roasted sweet potatoes:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Roast for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Can be roasted together with the chickpeas.
For the salad:
- 3 cups of kale, washed and chopped into small, bite sized strips
- 1 cup of red quinoa, cooked.
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Tahini Sauce (from Trade Joe’s)
Roast your chickpeas and sweet potatoes in a 375 degree oven. In a large bowl, mix together the kale, feta, sweet potatoes, quinoa, and chickpeas. Sprinkle the tahini sauce on the salad, about 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time. Toss and coat. Enjoy.